the lists are incomplete and in progress.
the entry data, especially of perpetrators and dates (resp. first and second columns), are approximate.
(?) before 1800
|(head of) state||when (Gregorian)||where||what||note|
|numerous states||numerous times||numerous places||systematically debased, enslaved, trafficked, and/or sacrificed other humans|
|Darius I||-522||Persia||massacred Magi civilians|
|Qin||-260||Changping||buried alive Zhao captives||Sima Qian|
|Mithridates VI||-88||Anatolia||massacred Roman civilians|
|Rome||135||Judea||massacred Jewish civilians|
|Cao Cao||193||Xu||massacred civilians|
|Ran Min||350||north China||massacred Wu Hu population|
|Genghis Khan||1206 - 1227||numerous places||massacred Chinese, Mongol, Muslim, Persian, other civilians, several cities|
|Khanate||1221 - 1264||Sichuan||massacred Sichuanese population|
|several states||1548 - 1872||Kashmir||systematic destruction of Shia population|
|Athens||-416||Melos||massacred Melian population|
|Rome||-264 - 404||Rome||made gladiators fight to the death for entertainment|
|Crassus, Pompey||-71||south Italy||crucified slave captives|
|Julius Caesar||-55||Gaul||massacred Germani, Gaul civilians|
|Rome||61, 77||Anglesey||massacred Druid population|
|Byzantine||1209||Constantinople||massacred Latin civilians|
|Pope Innocent III||1209 - 1229||south France||executed Cathar civilians|
|Rome||-149||Carthage||massacred Carthaginian population|
|several states||-48, 272, 391, 642||Alexandria||burned books|
|Jewish insurrectionaries||115||Cyrenaica||massacred Roman, Greek civilians||Cassius Dio|
|head / branch||when||where||what||note|
|government, military||1915 - 1917||empire||genocide, ethnic cleansing of Armenians||1, 2, 3|
|head / branch||when||where||what||note|
|government||(1776) - 1865?||nation||practice of slavery (at least in the sense that it was understood at the time)||1|
|government||(1776) -||world||colonisation, per white supremacy; global territorial/military/economic/cultural imperialism||1|
|government||(1776) -||nation||genocide, ethnic cleansing of indigenous nations||1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
|government agencies, corporations||(1898) -||Americas||political/economic/military assassinations, interference, interventions of numerous countries in the Americas||1|
|government, military||1899||Philippines||neglect of sovereignty; massacre of Filipino civilians||1|
|(?) government, military||1941||Pearl Harbor||false flag operation (Pearl Harbor)||1|
|military||1942 - 1945||Japan||bombing of Japanese civilians; blanket bombing of Tokyo||1|
|military (with British military)||1945||Dresden||blanket bombing of German civilians||1|
|military||1945||Hiroshima; Nagasaki||atomic bombing of Japanese civilians||1|
|military||1950 - 1953||north Korea||genocidal bombings of north Korea||1|
|military||1950||north Korea||massacre of north Korean civilians||1|
|military||1950||south Korea||massacre of south Korean civilians||1|
|military, CIA||1964 - 1973||Laos||genocidal bombings of Laos; drug trafficking||1|
|government, military||1964||Gulf of Tonkin||false flag operation (Gulf of Tonkin)||1|
|military, CIA||1965 - 1975||Vietnam||executions, assassinations, torture of Vietnamese civilians||1, 2|
|military||1968||south Vietnam||massacre, rape, mutilation of Vietnamese civilians||1, 2|
|government, military||2001 -||nation; world||extrajudicial treatment of suspects, questionable government conduct, mass fear, anxiety, shock, per "war on terror"||1|
|(?) government||2001||New York||false flag operation (9/11)||1|
|(?) government, military (coalition)||2003 - 2011||Iraq||invasion, leading to war and numerous war crimes, under pretext of "weapons of mass destruction"||1, 2|
notes & disclaimers
- The purpose of this page is to document, list, reference, bring awareness to, and remember important, yet incomplete and scattered, pieces of publicly available historical information. The purpose/intention of this page and its content is not to persuade, propose to, advise, invite, incite, solicit, aggravate, injure, blame, correct, defend, deceive, or judge any person, group, party, or people.
- This page does not explicitly define the phrase "large-scale crime" and, perhaps anachronistically, applies generally the pronouncements of international wartime conventions and of other ethics bodies.
- Entry headings prefixed with
(?) denote a significant kind of conspiracy-theoretical, disputed, and/or unresolved characterisation. This page neither approves of, denounces, nor sides with any such claims but merely documents their existence.
- This page makes no claim to the complete truth or accuracy of the listed actions or actors. Wikipedia is the main source of reference. The reader is encouraged to gain better understanding of events and their contexts by further researching historical data and records.
- For the writing of this page, the author (an individual) does not consciously align themselves with any particular national/ethnic/political/economic/religious/spiritual/academic/corporate group or entity. The author has not been formally trained in any of the following domains/disciplines: history, criminology, ethics, law, politics, military science, theology, economics, anthropology, sociology, ecology, psychology, sexuality, physiology.
- Error/Addition: Words and descriptions were chosen to hopefully be objective and accurate, but if you see any blatant falsities or errors, please let the author know by suggesting a fix and citing the relevant resource(s). Please do the same if there are additions to be made.
- Incompleteness: This page is perpetually incomplete, almost by design. Researching and accumulating data take time, and the incomplete state of the tables may unintentionally place focus on some events more than on others.
- Ordering: Tables and their entries are ordered by alphabet or by date.